Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ornaments




We took down the Christmas tree yesterday. I enjoyed looking at all of our ornaments and decided to take some pictures of my favorite ones. We have loads of different ornaments; some handmade by the kids, some that we have had for years, some that we just got recently, some that mean something to us, some that are just pretty.. :) Some of my favorites are the ones that have been around as long as I have. 
These were on my mom's tree for as long as I can remember. She gave them to me  when I got my first Christmas tree. :)
These used to be on mom's tree also. The little mouse who is missing a pompom was one that I bought from my school as a child. Actually all of these were sold through school fundraisers when I was little. 



These are more of the ones that were sold through the school fundraisers back then :)
One of my favorite things about these bells is that their little feet are the clapper. The duck one has little webbed feet as her clapper. I also love how they hold their little babies in their arms. 
These worked out well as they are snowmen bells wearing knits ;) 3 of my favorite Christmas things!
More cute animal bells mom has found for me :)


These bells were made using small terracotta pots. One of these days I am going to make some myself :) 

The bear bell was bought for my first Christmas with Kerstin in 1998.  The other too my mom just bought me this year. I especially like Himself the Elf and his pleased little expression. :)



These are more that mom has bought for me :) The picture frame is in the same style as the ones sold from the schools.


I bought this tree topper for mine and Kerstin's first Christmas tree :) So he has been with us for 13 years now, since for Kerstin's first Christmas we were still living with my mom and shared her tree. 
 A lot of my bells and ornaments need some TLC. I hope that soon I will have a Craft Haus so that I can repair them and maybe make some more to add to our collection. :)

I hope each and everyone one of you out there had a wonderful holiday season and an even better New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment